We are excited to be offering mini swim lesson sets on Tuesday and/or Thursday at the Echo Pool starting in January. Our lessons will look and feel different, but these lessons will give your child the opportunity to get back in the water! There’s limited spots available for each level as classes will be small, please register in advance to guarantee your day/time. A few things to know or consider before signing your child up for their Red Cross Lesson:
- Lessons will be organized based on swimming ability and NOT age. Your child may be in a group with both younger and older kids.
- All Preschool Levels and Swim Kids Levels up to and including Swim Kids 4 will require an adult to accompany the child in the water to facilitate the lessons. An adult is someone who is 16-years and older, lives in the same household as the child and is able to understand the instructor’s direction and support the child in their lesson.
- Lessons that require an accompanying adult will be taught in the medium pool so the adult is not required to go into deeper water.
- Our goal is to ensure that each class implements and maintains physical distancing throughout the lesson.
- Instructors will be teaching from the deck or at a safe distance. Instructors will use clear and simple language to help guide both the parent and child in their swimming.
- Starfish, Duck, Sea Turtle and Sea Otter classes will be 20-minutes as they will be held in the main pool.
- Parent and Child should arrive ready to swim with their bathing suits on under their street clothes.
- Change rooms will be available to get changed after lessons, but showers will not be available.
- Change rooms will have a limit of 6 people, so please bring towels to wrap up in while waiting. Classes have been spaced out to minimize wait times as much as possible.
- We would ask that there be no other spectators (parents or kids) in the viewing area.
- Evaluation Criteria will be used as per the Red Cross Standards to issue a “Pass” or “Repeat”. Please note the passing rate may not be high as we are limiting the number of classes per set. These classes are an opportunity to get kids back in the water to continue their learning.
If you have any questions about these lessons, please contact Miki Schwarz, aquatic Programmer at [email protected]