Heritage Fair 2021 Goes Virtual!
Zoom into history and take part in the AV Museum’s 2nd Virtual Regional Heritage Fair (and 19th Annual Heritage Fair) June 16th. Teachers are invited to involve their students in creating Canadian themed history, heritage and cultural projects in the classroom, Heritage Fair is perfect for home schoolers as well!
Participating students will present their projects and take part in fun heritage workshops and activities on the zoom platform.
Contact the Museum Coordinator/Education Curator for more information and to register your students.
What is Heritage Fair?
The Alberni Valley Museum Regional Heritage Fair is an annual showcase of history projects created by students in the North Vancouver Island region. Students research a topic in Canadian history, heritage or culture; research, develop and prepare a project in the format of their choice on their chosen topic and present their findings to the public. Each year up to 120 students take part in our Regional Fair and over 6000 students take part in Heritage Fairs throughout BC.
Heritage Fair students can engage in a topic that excites and inspires them igniting their passion and curiosity as they research and explore their topics.
- Personalizes learning for students
- Fosters and develops inquiry-based critical and historical thinking skills
- Develops communication skills
- Develops pride and confidence in learning
- Supports cross -curricular goals in Social Studies, Language Arts, Art, Math etc
- Supports Core Competencies in communicating, critical and reflective thinking, positive personal and cultural identity, and social awareness and responsibility
The Heritage Fair Program is generously sponsored by:
|Alberni Valley Lions||Val Hughes Memorial Fund|
|BC Heritage Fair Society||Quality Foods|
|Alberni Valley News||City of Port Alberni|